Our attorneys are committed to providing you with information that will help you and your family to live better lives. As part of that commitment, we are sharing facts and statistics about car accidents that will help you to better understand the dangers of the road.
We can’t foresee every risk or avoid every danger, but we can make safe choice by knowing facts and statistics related to car accidents. What causes most accidents? Who is especially prone to automobile crashes? Which accidents are the most dangerous? Here are some astonishing figures that offer a new perspective on driving:
1. Teenagers ages 16 to 19 are 3 times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than drivers who are 20 or older. (Highway Loss Data Institute)
2. Half of crash victims aren’t even in a car; they are pedestrians walking, cyclists, or motorcycle drivers. (World Health Organization)
3. Using a seat belt correctly reduces your risk of fatality in a crash by 61%. (World Health Organization)
4. Alcohol and speeding both account for about 30% of motor vehicle accidents. (National Safety Council)
5. About 31% of U.S. drivers ages 18 to 64 report that they have texted while driving within a 30-day period before being surveyed. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
At Ross & Ross, we are dedicated to helping our clients live better, more fulfilling lives. Call us anytime you need help. We are a full service firm, which means we handle almost everything. If we don’t handle it, we know who does and can direct you to them. Among other things, we routinely practice personal injury, bankruptcy* and debt matters, wills, powers of attorney, and family law.
* Federal law requires the following disclosure: We are a debt relief agency helping people file for relief through bankruptcy under the bankruptcy code.
** The content of this site is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
***This is lawyer advertising.