Our attorneys are committed to providing you with information that will help you and your family to live better lives. As part of that commitment, we are sharing our thoughts on protecting you from motor vehicle accidents.
We are approaching the busiest traveling season of the year, as people everywhere make special trips to spend the holidays with their loved ones. Unfortunately, our holiday season comes with more than carols and wonderfully large meals – it also brings with it snow, ice, and a painfully early sunset. This means that if you’re traveling on the roads this winter, you’re probably doing it in the dark with snow or ice covering the street.
Like most things in life, we can’t completely control the conditions we drive in. We can, of course, make decisions that protect our families as we travel. Here are some tips for safe driving in winter weather to keep in mind over the next few months:
· Check and review weather reports before traveling and plan your trips accordingly
· Increase your following distance to eight or ten seconds
· Accelerate and decelerate slowly, especially when approaching stop signs and red lights
· Don’t use cruise control
· Keep blankets, gloves, food, water, medication, matches, and candles in your vehicle in case you are stranded in your vehicle in freezing temperatures
What many people call “the best time of the year” is here. Let’s keep it that way! If something does happen, we can help pick up the pieces. Safe travels.
At Ross & Ross, we are dedicated to helping our clients live better, more fulfilling lives. Call us anytime you need help. We are a full service firm, which means we handle almost everything. If we don’t handle it, we know who does and can direct you to them. Among other things, we routinely practice personal injury, bankruptcy* and debt matters, wills, powers of attorney, and family law.
* Federal law requires the following disclosure: We are a debt relief agency helping people file for relief through bankruptcy under the bankruptcy code.
** The contents of this site are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be legal advice.
*** This is lawyer advertising.